Even though our rent went up we did not want to drive around for days looking at tons of apartments and homes. I really did not want to move into an "apartment feel" place. We live in a town home now and like the "homey" feeling. Bryan just told me to get over it!
On Friday, (Bryan had school off) we went to breakfast and decided to drive along this one road we like. They have a few rental properties and though we would look at 2 or 3 of them. We were driving and I told Bryan just go to Camden Apartments. I have been there before and knew they were comparable to where we live now.
We walked in and saw that they only had one design of a three bedroom town home. It was exactly like ours but only a few dollars less. For the money its was not worth the move. A few dollars less, smaller square footage, no way! BUT they did have a three bedroom DETACHED garage on the third floor for a ridiculous price. Bryan and I almost fell off our chairs, it was so cheap.
We left saying we will think about it. I got home and instantly hated where I lived. Knowing that I could get pretty much what I have now (the new place is about 100 square feet smaller) for 500$ less I was why am I living here? So I told Bryan this is a deal and I don't think its going to last long and I think we should take it.
Two hours later we were back at the new complex signing papers and giving them a deposit. I felt good the whole time and was actually excited.
BUT then we got home and I started to panic. I was like our current place is awesome, bigger, more closets, and a town home. Why am I leaving? I thought we would live here for 4 years. I seriously thought we made a mistake. Then, Bryan looks at me and says Janelle we are saving so much money we can do so many more fun things instead of being house broke! I knew he was right. I want to do so many things here but our budget does not allow it. Now with our rent being so much cheaper we can do so much more! That makes moving 2 miles down the street worth it!
Last night my dream was about how I was going to decorate the place.
I think you made a GREAT choice. Jared and I always talk about how we want to keep our housing expenses low so we can do fun things with our money. Houses and cars are money pits! I would much rather have a well decorated, smaller home than a big empty one. You can also use the money you'll save for vacations and other memorable experiences.
ReplyDelete500 extra dollars a month is a lot Jay! Now you can go on even more trips to visit me!
ReplyDelete