I got in the car at 7:00 am ready to go. I felt great. I kept telling myself I can do this. I was exactly 100 miles out when I ran over something and popped a tire. I heard a loud bang and I knew I got a flat tire. My car dash immediately flashed check tire pressure!!
I started to CRY. I couldn't help it. Anyone who knows me knows I am a crier. I call Bryan bawling and he says calm down its just a tire. I was mad cause we just bought these tires!! I call road side assistance and they tell me it will take about 1 1/2 hours. I could not just sit in my car and do nothing but wait. So, I got to work.
I started taking all the spare tire stuff out and try to change the tire. I had no idea what I was doing so I was sending pictures to Bryan. I took one of under the car to find where I should place the jack. I took on of the jack to ask how to use it. I took one of all the tools so he could show me how to use them. Bryan was telling me what to do as I was doing it.
I was in the middle of jacking the car up when a car pulled up behind me. A woman got out and said, "Let us help you." She went on to say we are not weird and my husband can do this in no time at all. I started to cry again and say thank you over and over. I was so grateful. *** I had to lie on the ground to get under the car. I got dirt stains all over my cute Juicy suit.
(Just to give you a visual) ***
As her husband was changing the tire she said they drove pass me and turned around cause they wanted to help me! I was so touched. We got to talking more and they were from Charlotte, NC!! I felt like they were angels sent from God.
They put my spare on and I drove to a tire center to get a new tire. I was back on the road. I had no other problems driving there or on the way home.
Once I was in Charlotte I was staying with my Cousin Emily and her family. It was so fun to catch up and hang out. They have a beautiful home and fun kids. Her husband went dental school and had 3 years of residency so she was sharing in my pain as a med student's wife! Charlotte was beautiful. I loved the rolling hills and all the green trees. I would sit in my work shop and think I just want to be done so I could go hang out with my cousins and explore the towns. I was sad to leave because I had such a good time.
SO, besides learning nursing skills I learned so much from this road trip. First I can drive by myself and I learned how to change a tire. Second, America has so many beautiful cities and I want to see them. Third, I have an awesome extended family and need to hang out with them more often.
*Sorry for no pictures*
I'm so impressed that you drove all that way by yourself! And that you took the initiative to try to fix your flat tire! I've seen it done before, but I'd have a lot of trouble if I had to do it by myself. I'm sure those people who stopped to help you were prompted by the Spirit. And I could totally see you and Bryan living in a big white house in a beautiful, green place like Charlotte.
ReplyDelete