Tuesday, May 26, 2009

I think I made too much....


Growing up with 10 brothers and sisters my mom always made a lot of food. Now being married I often make way too much for dinner or have a fear that I didn't make enough when we have a party. At the last minute I am always throwing something together that has nothing to do with the main meal just to make sure I have enough.
I also tend to buy meats in bulk. I dont' know why when its just the two of us. My freezer is packed with meet that are 4lbs or more. I buy meat like every 2 or 3 months. What started all this craziness was I always wanted left overs when i cooked. But in the middle of cooking I would think I have way too much and start calling people over dinner. So in the end I would never have left overs. Bryan would just laugh at me. Once i realized that it was expensive to feed everyone and not have left overs I quickly stopped that.
So here is my last creation. I wanted to make a roast because i never have before. The meet was about 3.5 lbs and Bryan cut up like 8 potatoes. We had way too much food, but it lasted us 5 days!

2 comments:

  1. Hey I'm the same way!!! I'm always thinking of people to invite over because Kiel used to refuse to eat leftovers.. little brat but things change thank goodness! You're a great wife... being pregnant this time has made me HATE cooking.. which normally I love doing. Everything I make half way through I don't want anymore. So I end up eating cereal while Kiel and Connor are eating enchiladas or whatever. Lame I knoW. You're doing a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey thanks. I go in spurts..sometimes i want to cook and other times i hate it. Bryan cooked for like a whole week this month. I always make the same things so i am starting to branch out!

    ReplyDelete