Monday, October 24, 2011

Pumpkin

I love Fall. The colors, the weather and PUMPKINS. My whole house is decorated with pumpkins. Here are some pictures.

The Fall colors I love
5 Pumpkins on my entertainment center
My favorite Pumpkin.

Pumpkin center piece, pumpkin napkin holders and pumpkin table cloth.

I kick off fall with my mother's pumpkin bread. I add chocolate chips to it and sometimes make a cream cheese buttercream frosting to ice with. We love it and Bryan craves it all the time. Here is the recipe.

In one bowl add
3 1/2 C flour
2 1/2 C sugar
2 tsp baking soda
1 1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp cinnamon

In another bowl add
1 tsp nutmeg
2 C pumpkin
1 C oil
4 Eggs

Mix liquid with dry ingredients. Pour into 2 greased loaf pans and bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour. I start checking it at 50 to 55 mins.




2 comments:

  1. I, too, have a passion for pumpkins! Pumpkin chocolate chip bread is pretty much the greatest thing ever. Remember when we would get loaves from Great Harvest and devour it in like two seconds? Your decor looks so great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! I found your blog! I'm adding you to my google reader so I won't miss any posts. :)

    ReplyDelete